21 February 2015

Small things in the last days

Wow, so many things happened all of a sudden. Last Saturday, I went north to hang out with my friend Tine at her parents' house by the lake in Fredensborg. We watched movies, talked a lot and were constantly updated on the terrible things going on back in the city. Monday night, I woke up to the sound of sirens and barking dogs outside my window, and when I looked out, a policeman ran across the little strip of lawn outside, a machine gun in his hands and with a sense of being on a possibly dangerous mission. It was pretty scary. The city has been different this week; full of police and flowers at the places where the victims were killed. People are a little more close together, and despite certain idiotic comments in the media, I think everybody wants to get through this as one. A few glimpses from a somewhat different week;
The weekend before last, I climbed the Tower of Christiansborg with Sheila, and the view over the suntipped city was amazing.
And after that, the sky was grey for days.
Fredensborg Castle is one of my favourite buildings. It reminds me of my teenage years, where we lived in Fredensborg. They were actually pretty great.
With and without Tine jumping.
This week, we had a meeting at work, and we took it out of the house at KafBar'9 (Antonigade 9, Indre By). Always a pleasure.
Chris finally came home from LA, and we went out for Korean food at Hanzo (Sortedam Dossering 5, Nørrebro). Very nice.
Today, I met Lene and Mikal from Norwegian coffee magazine Brygg. They are in Copenhagen and we had coffee at Copenhagen Coffee Lab (Boldhusgade 6, Indre By) (my first visit - definitely not my last!) - and then I went up to Hay to do some shopping and obviously had to take the mandatory Hay-shot.

1 comment:

beccawaterloo said...

Im so sorry to hear about what happened, please stay safe!!!