27 September 2015

AMY

When I was in Berlin a month ago, AnCa and I went to the movies Sunday night to watch 'Amy'. I remember I heard the news of Amy Winehouse's death when I was driving home from Berlin with my family on the day I moved back to Denmark. I never really listened to her music, and to me she was just a sort of sad character with a very public deroute. But that night in Berlin as we watched the documentary about her, my opinion changed completely. I was so utterly moved by the film, I haven't stopped thinking about it since. I listen to her music and her incredibly raw lyrics and I am overwhelmed by sadness for her fate. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you to do it; not only is it well-told, it's also a warm, raw and very unshakable glimpse of a life that was all too short.

No comments: