31 December 2011

Bye bye 2011


2011, you were a very strange year. I stood in the cold snow in Prenzlauer Berg with a glass of wine in my hand surrounded by good friends when you began. The first days were cold and grey, but nonetheless I was happy. We listened to music on the tram on the way to work, said goodbye to Prenzlauer Berg and hello to Kreuzberg. We went to Israel to feel calm under starry nights and endless deserts. We started drinking white wine and had some of the best parties together. We loved every minute and knew it. The days grew longer and full of light, laughter and people, and everything was great. And then the second half began. The half that grew darker and darker. The journey back to Copenhagen, to not quite fitting in, to not being really happy. And now, as you leave me in my darkest hour, I hope you pass some of your light on to make 2012 a good year - in both halves.

No comments: