31 October 2016

Foliage

It's deep autumn now. We're in the last days of the gold and wintertime just happened, so here come the dark mornings and afternoons. It feels like forever since the night sky was not truly dark. The summer nights with blue streaks and promises of dawn approaching won't come back for long. Now, the nights are infinitely dark like a blanket wrapping itself around you. It's natural, I know, but it's still an experience every year.
Last Sunday, I had brunch at my uncle's place with him and the kids. It was quite the spread and it was the perfect way to start the day. I hung out with my cousins playing UNO by the kitchen table and laughing a lot.
On my way back from Vesterbro, I got a snap from Anna. She was at the playground near our houses (we live in the same block) with Kasper and Esther, so I swung by and drank up the season's magnificent display. The sun came roaring through the trees after having been in hiding all day and it was truly magical. The company wasn't bad either!
Later in the week, the sun came back and pierced its way through my living room. I can't get enough of the light this season.
The same night, I headed back to my uncle's house in Vesterbro for dinner. Again, he cooked up a storm and we were so full and got nowhere near eating it all. So I had plenty of leftovers with me back home.
This Saturday, I met with Chris for morning coffee on top of Illum. Normally, I wouldn't say that a department store is the cosiest place for a café. But Original Coffee has got the best corner. The place is full of light and the view is great. The coffee is as well so I can definitely recommend it.
On Sunday, I took the train south to visit my grandparents. They recently moved from north Jutland to south Zealand and I took advantage of the travel time to see them having been cut from 4,5 hours to 1 hour.
They showed me around their new town and although it was tricky finding our way sometimes, it was nice to see them not only adjusting but seeming to burst with new energy as they take on a new adventure. That's pretty remarkable when you're 76 and 84 years old!
And although I miss their old house and the area that I know so well, it was comforting to ease into their beautiful furniture. It made it feel just right even though it was a new apartment. They have the greatest taste.

2 comments:

Kate Kwok said...

May I know aside from camera photos, what do you use to edit your mobile phone photos? They all look so pretty!

karen sofie said...

Thank you! I use snapseed to enhance light and turn up a little contrast, and then I use vsco for filters :)