24 January 2012

Coffee afternoon and kids

The sun is shining from a blue sky these days, and the temperature drops below freezing point. It's so cold! I sleep with double covers, in sweaters and all, and I still don't feel quite warm... But it's beautiful, and this afternoon, as I was standing in Balders Plads waiting for Mette and Iben to join me for coffee, just as the sun dropped behind the houses in the distance, I heard birds singing and felt for a moment that spring wasn't far away. I love how I always manage to talk myself into feeling it's spring when clearly it's not. But there it was. A few minutes later, we were sitting inside sipping coffee, eating our way through a very generous - and delicious - cheesecake and talking about everything. The perfect way to spend the time of day where light becomes dark.

 The last afternoon sun lighting up the top of the buildings. I love winter light.
 Røde Roses Kaffebar, Balders Plads 65, 2200 Nørrebro.
 Beautiful plate, beautiful cake.
 It felt like sitting in a living room, very cosy with children running around.
 We started drawing and attracted some 5-year-old girls that wanted to sit with us and draw. They drew earrings, we drew patterns and accidentally cursed a lot...
 The little nook under the stairs reminded me of playing under my grandparents' staircase when I was a child. It was strictly forbidden for grown-ups, and the code word for getting in was always 'banana split' for some reason...

2 comments:

Amalie said...

Jeg kørte forbi forleden og tænkte nøj! der må jeg ind. Jeg plejer at være i det hood hele tiden, men dem, der bor der, er rejst. Tager du mig med en dag?

karen sofie said...

Det kan du tro, jeg gør, Amalie-musen!