18 July 2013

What I have longed for so long

In a week I'll be back. In Berlin. For those who have followed this blog for a long time, you know that moving back to Berlin has been a constant longing for me ever since I moved back to Denmark two years ago. I still remember how I cried, desperately, for weeks when I moved away, I never thought I'd be happy again, and I spent the next two years never being satisfied and never present where I was, because I knew I'd rather be somewhere else. Now it's finally happening. I'm moving back. And ironically, I don't quite feel it. Yes, it will be good to walk down the beautiful streets, party in dark bars and all that - but it will never be the same crazy experience as last time, and I'm scared that I will never feel that way again. Berlin has changed, I have changed, and I have no idea what I want. On the other hand, if I don't go back and see, it will always haunt me. So maybe I'll be happy, maybe I won't. It's daunting.

No comments: