28 April 2013

New York VII: Cable car over Manhattan

It's been a while but I still have some photos from New York I haven't shown on the blog. I tend to save the best for last - I always make a 'perfect last bite' when I eat for instance - so it's only fitting that the best of New York comes last. Just before the sun went down, Christoffer and I took a cable car from Manhattan to Roosevelt Island. A short trip of 5 minutes, but it was my highlight; floating over Manhattan's skyline with an immaculate view over the highrises, the sun just shining on the top floors. Bliss. It was so beautiful, and it was just a ride on the subway card.
The tram leaves Manhattan from 60th Street and 2nd Avenue. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Det ser helt fantastisk ud, og lige siden du viste billeder fra det på instagram, har det stået på min "must try" liste til sommerferien i New York.

karen sofie said...

Det var virkelig også det smukkeste. Er så glad for, at jeg gjorde det, du skal glæde dig!

linda; said...

smukke-smukke billeder. nu glæder jeg mig også meget til gensynet med byen i morgen.

karen sofie said...

Nej er det i morgen? Heldige! Glæder mig til at se souvenirs på bloggen! Rigtig rigtig god tur, Linda!