26 April 2014

Louisiana and stars

Thursday night, I took the train two stops to Humlebæk to visit one of my all time favourite museums; Louisiana. Growing up, my family and I went there all the time to play with Lego in the kids' section or draw or look at art or take in the view over the sea from the cafeteria. I love the architecture up there, the mix of old and new, and the atmosphere. Thursday, I met up with Kristiane, and we enjoyed being there after 20 to have the museum nearly to ourselves.
The trees at Humlebæk Station were too beautiful.
And you can't lean your bicycle against the rail...
Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Gammel Strandvej 13, Humlebæk.
The Hilma af Klint exhibition was good, albeit we walked relatively quickly through it because I was chasing the 'star room'.
Yayoi Kusama's light installation room is part of the permanent exhibition at Louisiana, but I hadn't been there before, only seen thousands of photos of it on Instagram. How wonderful it was to be wrapped in stars!
One day, I'd like a room like that with a window looking over water. Or maybe Manhattan's skyline?
I love the old main house at Louisiana, somehow it always reminds me of Karen Blixen...
And oh, the water...
We had looked forward to Louisiana's famously good buffet, but we came too late for it. So we had to settle for tea and a cake. But had a good long time to chat at the cafeteria, anyways. If you're near Louisiana, definitely go pay it a visit!

No comments: