24 August 2011

Øster Farimagsgade

When I lived in Copenhagen three years ago, I loved biking from Vesterbro to Østerbro. It didn't happen a lot, but when it did, I enjoyed it. Most people would take the lakes, but I always went down Vester Farimagsgade to Nørre Farimagsgade and ended up in Øster Farimagsgade. I loved how the city was gray and dirty and busy and stinky at Vesterport, a little nicer at Nørre Farimagsgade with H.C. Ørstedsparken on the right and the old houses on the left. Then came Sølvtorvet with the busy cars, before Øster Farimagsgade began with big trees lining the street and Kartoffelrækkerne on the left - the old working class houses that are somewhat of an institution. More about that some other time. I went that way today, and I liked it.

"We have moved to the internet." Coolness.

3 comments:

Differentia said...

Åh, hvor jeg bare nyder dine billeder! Får bare kommenteret alt for lidt!

Kh. Mette

Lou said...

Kender du mon denne blog?

http://sandrajuto.blogspot.com/

karen sofie said...

Tak, Differentia :)

Lou: Jep, den kender - og elsker - jeg. Hun er fin til billeder!