10 October 2013

Alright!

Okay, so I had another blow. The apartment I thought I'd gotten, since the landlord called me up and said they had chosen me, went to somebody else after all. Thanks a lot. I feel so powerless in this system, and it keeps getting me down. And the worst of it is that I get so freaking angry at the Germans for being so arrogant, silent, manipulative and plain cowards. And I kind of like Germans in general... I don't exactly know what to do other than just get quite angry, yell a little and keep on going. Luckily I have a place to live until February, but I now have to cancel all those plans I'd made. So today I went for a walk in the cold rain, music in my ears and thoughts spinning. One song came on, and it made me feel so comforted somehow. It will happen, but why it has to be this difficult and make me feel like I'm seriously not worth anything, I don't know. Ah!

6 comments:

beccawaterloo said...

everything happens for a reason! that's my motto. your next apartment will be even better, hang in there!

karen sofie said...

Thanks, Becca. You're absolutely right, this just wasn't my place. Luckily, it wasn't my dream apartment to begin with. The next one will be. And it'll be mine ;)

Sarah said...

Held og lykke, Karen Sofie! Kender til hele bolighelvedet i udlandet, og det er til tider "a pain in the ass". Krydser alle min fingre og sender lidt god karma.

karen sofie said...

Tak, Sarah! Jeg tror og håber, det nok skal lykkes, man skal åbenbart igennem en del lort inden da... :) Håber, alt er godt hos dig ellers!

Heidi said...

Keep your chin up! If it was all too easy, then it'd lose it charm. You'll get there *hugs*

karen sofie said...

Heidi: I guess you're right. Something good will come, I'm just tired of waiting :)