01 September 2014

Appreciation of my city

Yes, I wrote 'my city'. Today is one of those days, where I really appreciate it. I've spent the day first working in my kitchen with light streaming in from the windows and coffee in my cup. Then I biked into town to have coffee with Flora Amalie who graced Copenhagen with a quick visit from Berlin. Later, I met Mette for a third coffee and a spontaneous phototrip around the harbour area and the old part of town. We had such a blast, and I love Instagram for connecting me with amazing people like that. So when I biked home in the sundown, I felt very happy to be back in my city.
With coffee from Original Coffee (Bredgade 36, Indre By), Mette and I sat down in front of one of the, according to me, ugliest buildings in Copenhagen; the Opera. Luckily, the harbour was full of life so I didn't have to look at it all the time.
Blue notes around Amalienborg.
Mette instagramming. The guards at the castle kept shooing us away.
The sign says 'it's forbidden to put your bike here', so we put my bike there and photographed it.
The light in the courtyard of Charlottenborg was amazing.
So we took lots of portraits.
We ended the journey on Knippelsbro where the sundown started to colour the sky. The view from there is beautiful, and here is my faithful and loving bike, Dagmar. Rusty and in need of a little TLC, yes, but a vital part of my everyday life.

No comments: