03 September 2012

New old house

There are some things that are nescessary in order for me to feel at home. Once I've put up the Berlin map and my photobooth photos, I feel settled. They're up now in my new old house here in Aarhus. I lived here before, two years ago when I started journalism school. Two years have passed, full of so many things; Berlin adventures and a Copenhagen winter, it's kind of surrealistic being back inside the same walls but sort of a different person. Alas, I think it'll be OK these next couple of months before the world is calling again.
 Chris gave me the U as a goodbye present - I'm so in love with it and it goes very well with the yellow K-lamp.
Kreuzberg.
 The table is a very old one; it was my parents' dining table when they moved to Copenhagen in the beginning of the 80s, and when I was born it was my baby changing table. It's been to France and back twice, and now it's in Aarhus for the second time...
 I really love this Berlin map, a reprint of one from 1940. Who knew Ebertstraße was once called Hermann-Göring-Straße?
 I can look at these photos and smile for hours.
Wrong date...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Der ser rigtig hyggeligt ud i dit nye hjem.

karen sofie said...

Tak :-) Det føles også ganske rart!

Differentia said...

Skønt nytgammelt sted du har Karen Sofie. Er helt vild med dit skrivebord, og at det så rummer skønne minder, gør det jo ikke dårligere. Hyg dig i Århus!