14 September 2012

I have restored faith in this place

I'm done with my applications. I mailed them this morning at 6am when I came home from town, drunk. Classy. We were out celebrating the end of application-stress, and what I thought would be a couple of beers in a nearby bodega turned out to be a barhopping night that ended when the morning light became to grow over Aarhus. It was so much fun, and I was so happy when I got home. I'd been so afraid I would be lonely the next few months here, but I think everything will be alright. I didn't bring my camera, so here are some grainy shots from the phone...
 In Jutland, there's this crazy tradition of hitting nails into a piece of wood. The most natural thing in the world. I had to try it - and lost miserably.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Det lyder spændende med den ansøgning, jeg krydser fingre for at det lykkes! Har du fundet et favorit kaffested i Århus mon?

karen sofie said...

Tak, jeg tror, jeg kan bruge al den fingerkrydsning, jeg kan få :) Er blevet ret glad for La Cabra i Graven - det er ret nyt, har du været der? Kan virkelig godt lide atmosfæren - der kommer snart et blogindlæg derfra.

Anonymous said...

Var faktisk lige på La Cabra i torsdags. Der var en meget sød svensk barista-dame, der lavede rigtig god kaffe. Kun kagestykkerne var lidt lille, synes jeg ;)...