14 June 2014

Touring in Copenhagen

Last week, Cordula from Berlin visited me in Copenhagen. We spent half the days in Copenhagen and half the days at my father's house in the north, where I (still) have my address... Normally when I have friends visiting, we spend the majority of the time café-hopping and talking, wandering around, but Cordula had never been to Copenhagen before, so it was off to all of the sights. And it dawned on me how long it's been since I've actually seen all of what Copenhagen also is.
We had breakfast at Dyrehaven (Sønder Boulevard 72, Vesterbro) - one of my favourite breakfast spots in Copenhagen. People were hungover from Distortion the day before, but it set a kind of cosy atmosphere.
First off after breakfast was a hike up Christian IV's Rundetårn. The view was spectacular despite some heavy rain clouds. Copenhagen is so beautiful.
Attached to Rundetårn is Trinitatis church with an impressive ceiling.
We walked past Christiansborg, the parliament building.
We had coffee and cake at Kompa'ni (Kompagnistræde 9, Indre By).
Oh, Magstræde!
And Cordula had to have a Danish hotdog, of course.

No comments: