06 April 2012

Best of Copenhagen: Winter

So. It's finally spring. Sort of. I feel the winter's been endless, as if it started when I moved back to Copenhagen in July. But ever since the days grew longer, the light reached into me as well, and I feel like a new person - to make a cliché statement. And now, with a spring chapter beginning, why not look back on the last few months? There have been rays of light during the dark after all...
2012 was kicked off in London - which meant endless talks, shopping, partying and a little kissing in the corners on New Year's...
January was cold and long, but Anna and I managed to take a walk around our hood one afternoon.
When the temperatures dropped down to -13, the only comfort was the sharp winter sun.
...but of course there was always partying. Which AnCa, Kirstine and I did one January evening...

There was also the fastelavnsparty in the old house in Hellerup...
...or the party in Aalborg where I went and visited Kristiane - fun!
 I settled into work. And I can't remember the last time I've looked so much forward to going to the office every day.
 Kat turned 25, and we threw her a surprise brunch in the castle one of the very sunny days.
 We had so much to eat that Anna fell asleep on the sofa...
My birthday present for Kat was tickets to Justice. The concert was crazy, sweaty and fun!
The next day I saw Spleen United in Herning with my brothers while visiting my mom.
 Later that month I went to London again to see Chris. In London it was spring for real, and we walked around the city and drank coffee and discussed big things.
 In the castle, there was some home improvement...
 Plus I made lots of coffee...
 A few weekends ago I went to Aarhus to see Kat and Jonas.
 There was also time for a concert. This time I Got You On Tape...
 The season's first ice coffee was washed down in Assistens Kirkegården with Mette the last warm day before the rain and wind and chilly temperatures took over with the coming of April. It was good, though.
 And then I hit a personal milestone: my byline in the magazine I've wanted to write for for as long as I can remember. It felt - and feels - amazing.

No comments: