24 February 2013

New York II: Brooklyn Bridge

One of the things I have wanted to do for years is to walk over Brooklyn Bridge. I can't imagine anything more breathtaking than watching Manhattan's skyline from up there. So naturally, I wasn't disappointed when I did it; walked from Brooklyn to Manhattan. And I was so lucky to have the sun shining down on everything.
While we waited for the subway to take us to the bridge, there was a little peak of Empire State Building. And some lovely buildings in the foreground, I might add.
I want to live there; beautiful windows and a view over Manhattan.
 Ah!
When you reach Manhattan, there's the financial district to the left with the Freedom Tower and huge buildings. On the right, there's a row of DDR-style buildings that look rather uninviting. What a strange contrast...

No comments: